Lets Talk About Delhi metro: DMRC will soon introduce mobile based QR ticketing system. According to DMRC, traveling in Metro is more comfortable and easy and saves time. Delhi Metro Rail Corporation has introduced QR code based paper tickets for travel on all its lines.
Delhi Metro has started a new facility to end the hassle of tokens and cards. The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has introduced QR code based tickets for travel
The Delhi Metro has introduced QR code-based paper tickets for travel on all its lines from today i.e., 8th May 2023. With the introduction of this facility, commuters will now be able to use the QR Code based paper tickets apart from the tokens.
Delhi Metro Starts ‘QR Code’ Ticketing System
DMRC has upgraded its AFC (Automatic Fare Collection) gates and token/customer care counters to support the QR based Paper tickets. Initially, two AFC gates; each for entry and exit, were upgraded at all stations for travel by QR based paper tickets.
By the end of this month, it is also targeted to introduce the mobile based QR tickets, so that it makes the travel in Metro more seamless, easy and time-saving, as it would eliminate the need for physically purchasing the tickets at the stations/counters.
How to use QR Ticket at stations:
the DMRC has implemented QR code-based paper tickets on all its lines and upgraded at least two entry and exit Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) gates at all Metro stations to read QR codes.
1. Passengers will be able to enter from the station where the QR based Paper Ticket (non-refundable) has been issued. Entry from stations other than the issuing station is not permitted.
2. However, in case of failure in revenue services, refund of QR based Paper ticket will be granted by implementing Incident Fare Mode as per laid down procedure.
3. Passengers will be able to enter within 60 minutes from the time of issuance of QR based Paper Ticket.
4. If a passenger fails to enter the system through the QR based Paper ticket within 60 minutes of the issuance time of QR based Paper Ticket, the same will get invalid and neither shall the passenger get entry from the station nor shall any refund be granted.
5. At present, QR based Paper Ticket will be issued station–wise only, i.e., from one station to another station.
6. If the passenger wants to exit from any intermediate station i.e., prior to the destination station, AFC gates will not open using the QR based Paper Ticket, so a free exit ticket will be issued to the passenger and old QR based Paper Ticket will be retained by the Customer Care operator.
7. If a passenger wants to exit from any station beyond the destination station, the AFC gates will not open using the QR based Paper Ticket. Applicable surcharge equal to the less amount (difference of Fare), if any, will be collected from the passenger. The Customer Care operator will then issue an Exit Ticket for the purpose and will retain the old QR based Paper Ticket.
8. Any Phone image/copy of QR based Paper ticket and passengers with such image/copy shall be treated as without valid ticket and shall be dealt as per existing Business Rules of DMRC.
DMRC has undertaken QR ticket trials in a gradual manner across all its lines in recent days. Further, it is also targeted to make all the AFC gates across the network QR code-compliant by the end of June this year along with upgradation of Ticket Vending Machines (TVMs) for issuing of QR based paper tickets.
The concept of issuing tokens will be gradually phased out with the introduction of these more transparent and human intervention free and cashless mechanisms thereby facilitating more convenient, seamless, time saving and error fee travel for its passengers.
QR Code Based Paper Ticket Rules
- Passengers will be able to enter only from that station from where QR based paper ticket (non-refundable) has been issued. No entry will be made from any station other than the station of issue.
- Presently QR based paper ticket will be issued station wise only i.e. from one station to another.
- If a passenger wants to exit a station in the middle of the journey, the AFC gates will not open.
- For this, a free exit ticket will be given to the passenger by the customer care operator and the old QR ticket will be deposited with him.
- If a passenger wants to get out at a station other than his destination station,
- he will have to pay the fare between the two stations separately.
If a passenger wants to exit from any station beyond the destination station, the AFC gates will not open using the QR based Paper Ticket. Applicable surcharge equal to the less amount (difference of Fare), if any, will be collected from the passenger.
The Customer Care operator will then issue an Exit Ticket for the purpose and will retain the old QR based Paper Ticket.
Token System will End
In addition, work is underway to upgrade Ticket Vending Machines (TVMs) to issue QR code based paper tickets as well as to make all AFC gates on the network QR code friendly by the end of June this year.
According to the information given by DMRC, the token system will be phased out gradually after the QR Code based ticket is fully introduced in the system. As soon as this facility comes, the need for passengers to buy tickets by standing in line at metro stations/counters will end.
How to book Delhi Metro Ticket Using QR code (RIDLR App)
Ridlr is an Indian public transport commuting and ticketing app. It was founded in 2012. Ridlr allows commuters to access real-time information about the various modes of transportation. It also books tickets and tokens through the app with digital money.
- Install RIDLR APP
- Register with your valid credentials
- Proceed to buy QR ticket
- Select number of passengers (max.6)
- Proceed for payment
- Get the QR-code/ticket
- Present the QR code at scanner on the entry gates
- Present the same QR code on the gate scanner to make exit
Maximum Permissible Time to Stay in Paid Area:
- 65 minutes – entry/exit from different station
- 30 minutes – entry/exit from same station
Customer Care Support:
Contact APP support center at 18001213233 or email at email@example.com
App Based QR-Ticketing System FAQs:
How to scan QR code in Delhi Metro?
Scan the QR code on the ticket at the entry gate within 60 minutes of buying the ticket.
What is Ridlr app ?
Ridlr is a public transport ticketing and commuting app.
What is QR tickets?
It can be a paper ticket or an e-ticket on a smartphone screen.
If you are looking for more notification to be released by Railway recruitment under DMRC Metro then, you can visit this Site: www.dmrcmetro.com every day. Thankyou for Visiting our Website.